Fast and Healthy Breakfasts
Breakfast presents special challenges. You want something quick but healthy, and you also want something your kids will eat.
You don’t want them to start the day on empty, but you also don’t want them eating just anything that you eat for breakfast can affect your entire morning.
Adults often skip breakfast in the name of saving time, too, or they don’t know what to prepare. Here are some ideas for fast and healthy breakfasts the entire family can enjoy.
This is a good one for adults and kids. If you have travel cups, you and the kids can even drink this breakfast in the car. There are many variations on the fruit smoothie theme; frozen fruits tend to do best and make the thickest smoothies.
Try frozen banana, peanut butter, vanilla yogurt, a little milk or milk substitute; frozen berries and yogurt; or frozen melon and orange juice. If you have protein powder, throw a little of that in, too.
Whole Wheat Bagels
These are a great stand-by for hurried mornings. Whole wheat bagels can be topped with cream cheese or natural peanut butter – add raisins to get that fruit serving in.
Fresh and dried fruit do well for breakfast, and both can be eaten out-of-hand. Fresh or dried fruit also makes great accompaniments to the bagel with cream cheese or peanut butter mentioned above. Some fruit is good to spread with peanut butter, such as bananas or apples.
Easy to make ahead of time and a great keeper, hard-boiled eggs are a nutrient-rich stand-by.
You can pre-peel them and keep them in a sealed glass container or leave them in their own “containers” the shell and peel as needed. Hard-boiled eggs can also be sliced and added to a sandwich.
Speaking of sandwiches, they are not just for lunch! On whole grain bread or buns, a burger patty, grilled cheese, eggs, bacon, etc., can all make great breakfasts.
Whole wheat pita pockets are also great for stuffing with fast fillings like scrambled eggs and cheese, tomatoes, sausage, or whatever you like. It doesn’t have to be “breakfast food” lean meats like sliced turkey make great breakfast sandwiches.
One more variation on the sandwich theme whole grain tortillas are another fast and healthy way to grab breakfast on the go.
Celery sticks with peanut butter and raisins make a healthy breakfast. If you want to save time, mix the raisins into the peanut butter and then stuff the celery sticks. You can also stuff celery sticks with cream cheese, flavored or unflavored.
This kid-pleasing food is handy and fast. Plain yogurt with a little raw honey or fruit provides a nice energy boost. For kids, yogurt should be low- to full-fat to provide energy and better vitamin absorption, experts say.
Fast and Healthy Breakfasts
Most Viewed Posts
- Teenage Boys and Social Media
- Problem Solving And Conflict Resolution For Children
- What Is Online Grooming and How Can I Keep My Child Safe?
- How to Avoid the Parenting Mistakes Commonly Made with Middle Children
- Positive Parenting Tips For Healthy Child Development
- Parents Need Time Outs Too: Knowing When to Step Back
- Seeing Each Child as an Individual
- Teaching Kids to Care for Their Skin
- Easy Parenting Assessment Example
- Teenage Girls and Social Media
- Dry Skin Remedies For Kids
- Why Picking Your Battles Is Important
- What Are You Teaching Your Child by Being Inconsistent?
- Sun Protection for Your Child
- Essential Back To School Tips For Kids
- Understanding the Inner Workings of Your Teen
- Emotional Changes Found in Adolescent Girls
- Emotional Changes Found in Adolescent Boys
- Recognizing and Respecting Your Partner’s Actions and Boundaries
- Meeting in the Middle When Parenting Ideas Conflict
- How to Train Your Childcare Provider to Meet Your Needs
- Five Ways to Protect Your Child Online
- Signs That Your Child Is Being Bullied Online
- Should Your Child Have Internet Access in Their Bedroom?
- Adjusting Expectations for Every Family Member
- Co-Parenting – How to Handle When Your Child Chooses the Other Parent
- How to Avoid Parenting Mistakes Commonly Made with “The Baby” of the Family
- How to Avoid the Parenting Mistakes Commonly Made with a First Child
- Importance Of Parenting In Child Development
- Awesome Parenting Skills Checklist
- Summer Skin Care Tips for Kids
- Winter Skin Care Tips for Kids
- Extreme Parenting Moments That Are Funny Only in Hindsight
- Can You Trust Your Parenting Instincts?
- How to be Cool, Calm, and Collected When Kids Push Your Buttons
- Making Parenting Less Expensive
- Parenting Tips in a Food-Obsessed Age
- Parents Needs To Know When to Step Back
- Putting Things into Perspective
- Relax Because They’re Just Kids
- Small Behavior Problems Parents Should Not Ignore
- Stop Managing Your Child’s Life
- Tips for Easing the Transition When Mommy Returns to Work
- Why Is My Child Not Doing What He Is Told
- You Need to Take Care of This
- Kids Craft Projects for Groups
- Crafts for Toddlers
- Kids Crafts for All Seasons
- Educational Crafts for Kids
- Kids Crafts with Live Plants
- Nature Crafts for Kids
- Parent or Career What Will It Be?
- Kids Crafts Using Paper
- Wearable Crafts
- Kid Safe Insect Repellents
- Homemade Toys from Household Items
- Keeping Baby’s Skin Moisturized
- Craft Projects for Older Kids
- When Should a Parent Seek Professional Help for Their Child
- Ways to Discipline Ungrateful Children