Extreme Parenting Moments That Are Funny Only in Hindsight
Being a parent is filled with many heart-warming moments. Raising children is an amazing experience and one that will fill your heart with memories for years to come. However, there are many less than stellar moments that will leave you scratching your head, or even worse, wondering if you will survive until bedtime.
Here are some extreme parenting moments that can be unbearable at the time but leave you with stories and laughter for as long as you live.
The Grocery Store Tantrum
This tops many. Not only is it difficult to handle, but it will damage your pride. Allowing strangers to criticize what they perceive as poor parenting of your ill-behaved child, you will wish you could order your groceries online and never leave home again.
The Ultimate Blow-Out
This needs no further explanation to anyone who has experienced it. Your baby’s bowels move when they want to and never adhere to your schedule. The ultimate blow-out happens at the worst times, such as right before you leave for your company children’s party while waiting in line at the store or on the airplane when you have forgotten to bring baby wipes with you.
The Spilled Milk
Children are messy. They are also clumsy and trip when they are holding something they shouldn’t, somewhere they shouldn’t. The problem is that “spilled milk” isn’t always milk. Sometimes it’s a bright red sugary drink, and it’s usually spilled on a white carpet.
The Extreme Photographer
You take your camera everywhere. Your baby cannot do anything without their paparazzi one documenting every detail. And after all that work, years later, your children may not even appreciate all the photos of them wearing their underwear on their heads.
The Horrific Rash
A rash is terrifying to all parents. It is the symbol of everything wrong with the world. Although most rashes are fairly innocuous, they are a horrible sight to a parent who is convinced that every little change in their baby is a signal of ill health to come.
The “Terrified to Break Him” Parent
These are the moments where you are frightened that you will harm your new little one simply by holding him (or her). You become afraid that you will drop him or harm him by the sheer weight of your hand on his back. This is a phrase that is quickly outgrown by sheer necessity.
The Reluctant All-Nighter
These moments appear they will never end. Bleary-eyed, you crawl from your room towards the coffee maker, praying you will last another day. Staying up all night is not quite the party it was when in college, and this will be a moment you prefer in hindsight.
The Laundromat Gig
As a parent of young children, it seems there are mountains of laundry that will never end. You quickly bitterly realize that you are working at a job you never applied for. And as soon as you change into something clean, it’s almost guaranteed that your baby will throw up on you, or worse – you will experience another ultimate blow-out.
Parenting is full of both heartwarming and bone-chilling moments. Sometimes you experience things you wish you didn’t have to. Keep your sense of humor, and remember that these extreme parenting moments may become some of the fondest memories of your life.
Extreme Parenting Moments That Are Funny Only in Hindsight
Most Viewed Posts
- Teenage Boys and Social Media
- Problem Solving And Conflict Resolution For Children
- What Is Online Grooming and How Can I Keep My Child Safe?
- How to Avoid the Parenting Mistakes Commonly Made with Middle Children
- Positive Parenting Tips For Healthy Child Development
- Parents Need Time Outs Too: Knowing When to Step Back
- Seeing Each Child as an Individual
- Teaching Kids to Care for Their Skin
- Easy Parenting Assessment Example
- Teenage Girls and Social Media
- Dry Skin Remedies For Kids
- Why Picking Your Battles Is Important
- What Are You Teaching Your Child by Being Inconsistent?
- Sun Protection for Your Child
- Essential Back To School Tips For Kids
- Understanding the Inner Workings of Your Teen
- Emotional Changes Found in Adolescent Girls
- Emotional Changes Found in Adolescent Boys
- Recognizing and Respecting Your Partner’s Actions and Boundaries
- Meeting in the Middle When Parenting Ideas Conflict
- How to Train Your Childcare Provider to Meet Your Needs
- Five Ways to Protect Your Child Online
- Signs That Your Child Is Being Bullied Online
- Should Your Child Have Internet Access in Their Bedroom?
- Adjusting Expectations for Every Family Member
- Co-Parenting – How to Handle When Your Child Chooses the Other Parent
- How to Avoid Parenting Mistakes Commonly Made with “The Baby” of the Family
- How to Avoid the Parenting Mistakes Commonly Made with a First Child
- Importance Of Parenting In Child Development
- Awesome Parenting Skills Checklist
- Summer Skin Care Tips for Kids
- Winter Skin Care Tips for Kids
- Extreme Parenting Moments That Are Funny Only in Hindsight
- Can You Trust Your Parenting Instincts?
- How to be Cool, Calm, and Collected When Kids Push Your Buttons
- Making Parenting Less Expensive
- Parenting Tips in a Food-Obsessed Age
- Parents Needs To Know When to Step Back
- Putting Things into Perspective
- Relax Because They’re Just Kids
- Small Behavior Problems Parents Should Not Ignore
- Stop Managing Your Child’s Life
- Tips for Easing the Transition When Mommy Returns to Work
- Why Is My Child Not Doing What He Is Told
- You Need to Take Care of This
- Kids Craft Projects for Groups
- Crafts for Toddlers
- Kids Crafts for All Seasons
- Educational Crafts for Kids
- Kids Crafts with Live Plants
- Nature Crafts for Kids
- Parent or Career What Will It Be?
- Kids Crafts Using Paper
- Wearable Crafts
- Kid Safe Insect Repellents
- Homemade Toys from Household Items
- Keeping Baby’s Skin Moisturized
- Craft Projects for Older Kids
- When Should a Parent Seek Professional Help for Their Child
- Ways to Discipline Ungrateful Children