Crafts for Toddlers
Crafts for toddlers do not need to be difficult, but there are types of crafts that work better for toddlers than others. Toddlers need something simple and fun, and you can expect them to need adult help.
Here are some ideas for cool crafts for this fun age group.
1. Play Food
Craft foam is great for making pretend Food; it’s bendable but sturdy. If you can get thicker foam at a craft store, then it comes in handy for making “bread.” Cover boxes with construction paper or craft foam to make cakes. Here are simple directions for a craft foam pizza.
- Craft foam in yellow, green, red, and brown
- White paper plate
- Scissors (adults should probably do the cutting)
Use the paper plate as the pizza crust. Cut a red circle from the craft foam that is slightly smaller than the paper plate, and glue it to the plate. This is the sauce.
Cut various shapes from the craft foam, letting your toddler help with the scissors as they are able. Make green pepper strips, pepperoni, small rectangles of cheese, and whatever toppings you and your little one can think of. You can use glue if you want to make this permanent, but many toddlers enjoy being able to create their pizza over and over. You can store the foam toppings in an envelope.
2. “Sand” Art
Some parents worry about their toddler eating sand with typical sand crafts, but you needn’t worry if you use an edible sand substitute. Separate fruit-flavored colored cereal into colors and crush them in a zip-top bag. Then, on card stock or other stiff paper, let your toddler make designs with glue. Then help him, or her sprinkle the colorful “sand” on the glue design. Allow it to dry. It smells good, too!
Crushed-colored cereal can also make other “sand” art, such as poured into empty containers in layers or used in a diorama.
Using tissue paper, you can make pretty butterflies. This is a nice craft for toddlers as it is not very messy and produces a nice item fairly quickly. You’ll need:
- Tissue paper in various colors
- Pipe cleaners
Cut rectangles out of various colors of tissue paper. Layer several colors of the tissue, and then double a pipe cleaner around the tissue rectangles (the tissue will sit in a long “U”-shaped pipe cleaner). Twist the pipe cleaners at the top until the pipe cleaner holds the tissue and bunches slightly in the center. The pipe cleaner makes a butterfly body and antennae.
Crafts for Toddlers
Most Viewed Posts
- Teenage Boys and Social Media
- Problem Solving And Conflict Resolution For Children
- What Is Online Grooming and How Can I Keep My Child Safe?
- How to Avoid the Parenting Mistakes Commonly Made with Middle Children
- Positive Parenting Tips For Healthy Child Development
- Parents Need Time Outs Too: Knowing When to Step Back
- Seeing Each Child as an Individual
- Teaching Kids to Care for Their Skin
- Easy Parenting Assessment Example
- Teenage Girls and Social Media
- Dry Skin Remedies For Kids
- Why Picking Your Battles Is Important
- What Are You Teaching Your Child by Being Inconsistent?
- Sun Protection for Your Child
- Essential Back To School Tips For Kids
- Understanding the Inner Workings of Your Teen
- Emotional Changes Found in Adolescent Girls
- Emotional Changes Found in Adolescent Boys
- Recognizing and Respecting Your Partner’s Actions and Boundaries
- Meeting in the Middle When Parenting Ideas Conflict
- How to Train Your Childcare Provider to Meet Your Needs
- Five Ways to Protect Your Child Online
- Signs That Your Child Is Being Bullied Online
- Should Your Child Have Internet Access in Their Bedroom?
- Adjusting Expectations for Every Family Member
- Co-Parenting – How to Handle When Your Child Chooses the Other Parent
- How to Avoid Parenting Mistakes Commonly Made with “The Baby” of the Family
- How to Avoid the Parenting Mistakes Commonly Made with a First Child
- Importance Of Parenting In Child Development
- Awesome Parenting Skills Checklist
- Summer Skin Care Tips for Kids
- Winter Skin Care Tips for Kids
- Extreme Parenting Moments That Are Funny Only in Hindsight
- Can You Trust Your Parenting Instincts?
- How to be Cool, Calm, and Collected When Kids Push Your Buttons
- Making Parenting Less Expensive
- Parenting Tips in a Food-Obsessed Age
- Parents Needs To Know When to Step Back
- Putting Things into Perspective
- Relax Because They’re Just Kids
- Small Behavior Problems Parents Should Not Ignore
- Stop Managing Your Child’s Life
- Tips for Easing the Transition When Mommy Returns to Work
- Why Is My Child Not Doing What He Is Told
- You Need to Take Care of This
- Kids Craft Projects for Groups
- Crafts for Toddlers
- Kids Crafts for All Seasons
- Educational Crafts for Kids
- Kids Crafts with Live Plants
- Nature Crafts for Kids
- Parent or Career What Will It Be?
- Kids Crafts Using Paper
- Wearable Crafts
- Kid Safe Insect Repellents
- Homemade Toys from Household Items
- Keeping Baby’s Skin Moisturized
- Craft Projects for Older Kids
- When Should a Parent Seek Professional Help for Their Child
- Ways to Discipline Ungrateful Children